Who is Disney's oldest villain?
Hades is presumably the oldest of the Disney Villains, being an immortal god.
1. Scar (The Lion King) Simba's scheming uncle, THE LION KING'S Scar, had designs on the royal throne of Pride Rock.
Pete is the oldest continuing Disney character, having debuted three years before Mickey Mouse in the cartoon Alice Solves the Puzzle (1925). Pete was unnamed in the first year of Mickey Mouse cartoons until 1930 when he was given the name Peg-Leg Pete.
1. Maleficent. Maleficent has to be the most powerful villain of all time. Unlike her other equivalent, Jafar, she doesn't need some extra, external magical source to draw her power from.
The last traditional baddie was Mother Gothel in 2010's Tangled, though a few subsequent movies dabbled with late-reveal villains, like scheming Prince Hans in Frozen, or Mayor Bellwether in Zootopia.
1. Judge Claude Frollo "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (1996) Hands down, the scariest and most ruthless Disney villain of all time is Judge Claude Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. He is downright evil and diabolical from the very start of the film.
Hook, Queen of Hearts, and the Old Hag. Ursula (shortest)
- #8: Shan Yu. ...
- #7: Scar. ...
- #6: Hopper. “A Bug's Life” (1998) ...
- #5: Ursula. “The Little Mermaid” (1989) ...
- #4: Doctor Facilier. “The Princess and the Frog” (2009) ...
- #3: Hades. “Hercules” (1997) ...
- #2: Dawn Bellwether. “Zootopia” (2016) ...
- #1: Buddy Pine / Syndrome. “The Incredibles” (2004)
1937: Snow White
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs came out in 1937, debuting the very first Disney princess with Snow White herself.
In the Disney film adaptation, she is introduced as a princess in the fictional Scandinavian Kingdom of Arendelle, heiress to the throne and the elder sister of Anna (Kristen Bell). Elsa has the magical ability to create and manipulate ice and snow.
Who was Disney's first princess?
But though Snow White was Disney's first full-length movie princess, she wasn't the first Disney princess. That honor goes to Persephone, the main character of a 1937 Silly Symphonies short that served as a sort of test run for Snow White.
Encanto 2: A New Generation is an American animated musical fantasy comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios, and is the sequel to the 2021 film Encanto. It was released on August 25, 2024 in the United States and is the 63rd animated feature in the Disney Animated Canon.
Disney typically includes a villain arc
Rather, it's a story about family and what it means to embrace differences in one another. However, this theory explains why Encanto's Dolores is actually the villain. It's not as forward as most other Disney films, but it's clear that she has her own motives.
Type of Villains
The Soldiers are the posthumous overarching antagonists of Disney's 60th full-length animated feature film Encanto. They were a group of corrupt Colombian soldiers responsible for the death of Pedro Madrigal, the husband of Alma Madrigal and the grandfather of Mirabel Madrigal.
- 1 Tarzan: Clayton Hung Himself On The Vines.
- 2 The Lion King 2: Zira Fell To Her Death With A Smile. ...
- 3 The Black Cauldron: The Horned King Was Killed By The Cauldron. ...
- 4 Tangled: Mother Gothel's Age Caught Up To Her Too Quickly. ...
Disney+ just got a little more adult. The streaming service added its first R-rated films in the US on Friday with “Deadpool,” “Deadpool 2” and “Logan.” The movies star Marvel superheroes, but as their ratings suggest, they're decidedly not kid-friendly.
1 Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
While Maleficent might be slightly more iconic, that doesn't mean she's a better character. Ursula takes the top spot when it comes to Disney's greatest female villains, as she is someone with tons of power, who actually achieves their goal, even if it's only for a brief moment.
As you can expect, purple is overwhelmingly one of the most villainous colors when it comes to Disney. When you consider that purple is often associated with power, nobility, luxury and ambition, it makes sense that we can find this color wrapped around most of these cartoon baddies.
- Snow White. Height: 5'2. Age: about 14.
- Cinderella. Height: 5'4. Age: 16/18 (varies according to merchandise, source and so forth. ...
- Aurora. Height: 5'6 (the tallest princess) Age: 16.
- Ariel. Height: 5'4 (human version, lol) ...
- Belle. Height: 5'5. ...
- Jasmine. Height: 5'1 (she's the shortest :P)
In Frozen, Hans goes from a courtly charmer to power-hungry villain. According to Hyrum Osmond, one of the supervising animators for Hans, Hans initially appears as a handsome, dashing character.
Is scar the best Disney villain?
In a poll by Ranker, Scar was voted the ultimate villain across all of Disney, which is pretty impressive when you consider just how many evil characters there are.
Madame Medusa is the main antagonist of Disney's 1977 animated feature film, The Rescuers. She is the proprietor of a seedy pawn shop in New York City.
Judge Claude Frollo is the main antagonist of Disney's 1996 animated feature film, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. He is a powerful Parisian justice minister, who, after a series of sensitive circumstances, becomes the begrudged caretaker of the deformed Quasimodo.
The latest addition to our Disney Princess list, independent Moana will one day rule the people of her island. While staying compassionate and respectful, she teaches young people everywhere the importance of knowing who you are and staying true to yourself.
Princesses were given an official number in the franchise line-up based on the chronological order in which their films were released, starting with Snow White as the first and original Disney Princess, with Cinderella being the second, followed by Aurora and so on.